“A free horse is a happy horse” – Ben Atkinson
Ben is a professional equine stunt rider, trick trainer and rider from East Yorkshire. He has been riding his whole life and is a key member of the family business, Atkinson Action Horses, who have spent nearly three decades training horses and riders for Film, TV and live events. They pride themselves on being ready for any task that comes to them and they provide to the industry, horse master and lead actors horses, stunt training for riders and horses, liberty horses, carriage driving horses and classically trained dressage horses.
“When I see a horse I see something that is pure and free, untainted by greed like humans are. I see something that will do anything for you and always love you no matter how many mistakes you make or how little you understand. They are the kindest and most generous creatures on the planet.” Ben Atkinson
ABOUT THE CLINIC
We have very limited rider places available. To confirm your place, please make a deposit payment and download and return the booking form as soon as possible.
TIME: 09.30 – 17.30
ADDRESS: Willow Fields, Pump Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 3RA
COST: Riders £600 for 2 days. We have 4 rider places, 2 riders are welcome to use Ben’s horses!! But this will of course be on a first come first served basis. Spectators £200 for 2 days. £100 for 1 day.
Due to Covid restrictions, this clinic has very limited places and will therefore be run as an intimate VIP experience.
IN THE CASE OF ALL EVENTS WE WILL BE FOLLOW COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES AS SET OUT BY THE GOVERNMENT AT THAT TIME.
- Breakfast meeting, covering theory and Q&A sessions. (Breakfast included)
- AM – individual sessions with each horse and rider.
- Lunch. (Lunch is included or you are welcome to bring your own). During lunch we will all sit together and have the opportunity to discuss the morning’s sessions and horsemanship philosophy informally with Ben.
- PM – Ben will be doing an afternoon presentation with 4 of his horses!! In this session he will discuss and demonstrate various training methods, this session will very much flow from the mornings theory session, where we will all discuss goals and any questions, the afternoon Ben will demonstrate these with his horses and potentially if it’s of benefit the first steps with a greener horse.
- PM – of course Ben will finish with some wow inspiration for us all!
On the evening of Day 1 we will all meet again in the Gazebo for supper and an evening with Ben, where he will be sharing film clips of past shows, stories from the adventures and most importantly the horsemanship involved and needed. We will also be looking at some footage where Ben will show us the details in the movements, the things that we often miss!
This will be a very informal format, where we can all ask multiple questions and chat over details.
The format of Day 2 will follow on from that of Day 1 and here we will really have an opportunity to look at questions raised with horses and continue lessons, demonstrations and questions.
We will ask everyone to keep to the 2 metre rule where possible, to wear masks when in close proximity, we will be taking temperatures on arrival and of ask everyone to take care and to not come if you are displaying any symptoms and have not had a negative test.